- If you haven't set-up your VoxiorLink/VoxiorBox please read this article first: Apple HomeKit Integration Beta
With HomeKit, the Home App and the VoxiorBox (or VoxiorLink) you can create all kinds of automations in your Smart Home, which are based on an action, location or time. In this article we’re going to look how to set-up geofencing with Siri/Homepod and Voxior.
- Please note: To use automations you need a HomePod, an Apple TV 4K or Apple TV (4th generation) or an iPad with the latest iOS/tvOS.
- A device must be set-up as a Home hub. This device must remain in your home, connected to your Wifi and power. To learn how to set-up a Home hub please follow these instructions: Set up your HomePod, Apple TV, or iPad as a home hub.
- A VoxiorBox/VoxiorLink should be connected as an accessory. Click here to find out how to setup VoxiorBox with HomeKit
With geofencing you can automate specific scenes or devices to turn off or on, when you enter (or leave) an area.
Please make sure that the following Settings are turned on for the primary iOS device which controls your Smart Home:
- Share my Location: Go to Settings > Privacy > Share My Location. Make sure the option is enabled and that “this device” is selected
- Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services. Please check that on your iOS device the Home App has permissions to use your Location
- Please check that under Privacy > Location Services > System Services > Homekit is turned on
Open the Home App and follow these steps:
- Select “Automation” and click the plus sign (+) to add a new automation
- Choose when do you want the automation to occur: When people arrive, when people leave. You can also specify an alternative Location or another time.
- In the next step you will be able to select which scenes and which accessories to automate. Tap next.
- You can also adjust an accessory by pressing and holding on it.
- Tap Done to create the automation. Here you can also test it and specify when to turn it off.
Congratulations, you have just created a geofencing automation!
- Try some of of the Siri commands for Smart Home Voice control
- Learn how to share HomeKit control of your Voxior Smart Home with family members